Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 10, 2007

With . . .

Turns out Chuck also spent time on the internet yesterday afternoon researching my new treatment. So we both had a fresh load of sobering information, and we both found ourselves lying awake at 2:00 this morning. We talked for awhile, cried a little, and then fell back--safely--on our sure hope: God's reliable promises to be WITH us. I wonder how many times in the Bible he says, "I am with you," or "I will be with you." Also, how many times the psalmist said, "You are with me." Having God with us is, after all, far better even than having a sure cure! I'd still like a cure, and we're continuing to pray for that. I know it gets frustrating to keep praying with faith and get bad news instead of good. I surely do thank you for praying. Day after day of full, rich life is surely one way God really is answering your prayers!

Last evening I played the piano awhile. When I got to some hymns, I tried to sing along (very quietly, in my chemo-cracked voice), but often felt choked by a sob. Chuck came and sat on the sofa right by the piano, and I know he felt it too. Here's a line from Wonderful, Merciful Savior: "You give the healing and grace our hearts always hunger for." Yes. Amen.

I'm thankful to feel well, to have meaningful work to do, to have family and friends like you, and to have God WITH us.

Yesterday afternoon I posted some details about my new treatment; you can read on below if you wish.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Fri Aug 10, 01:24:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger lbcampbell said...

Dear Carol,

First and foremost I must say that you are an inspiration. Though I've only met you in passing, I must say you are such an encouragement to me...
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your prayers. Not only does it mean the world to me, but also to my mother (as she worries about me each day, it's comforting to know wonderful friends such as yourself are asking God for protection).
You are such a talented writer and a beautiful woman... My prayers are with you in return, for your health and that you may continue to bring life to everyone around you- including myself.
May God continue to bless you-
Thank you so much-
lovingly,
Lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home