Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, September 30, 2007

More from Ruth Graham

Before I put away Ruth Graham's collection of poetry, I thought I'd pass along one more, this one quite sobering. First, she quotes Psalm 138:11 from the Septuagint translation: "When I said, darkness will surely trample me down, then to my great joy, night was luminous." What a beautiful thought! Now her poem:

The growing darkness closes in
like some thick fog,
engulfing me--
a creeping horror--
till I learned,
"the darkness hideth not from Thee."

As in a darkened room
one knows--knows without sight--another there,
so, in the darkness,
sure I knew
Thy presence.

I've learned over and over that darkness is no match for the Light. I'm thankful.

We had a wonderful time with my brother and his wife. We went yesterday to see the U.S. National Whitewater Center here--an amazing place for rafting and kayaking (manmade) with rapids rated up to 5 on the whitewater scale. How'd they do that?

Now we're by ourselves again, and after church we'll probably have a quiet day. I'm thankful to feel well. Our granddaughter injured her ankle Friday evening at cheer practice and is on crutches. We're praying for a quick and complete recovery.

Have a blessed day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home