Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Song in the Night

I awakened at 2:51 this morning with beautiful music ringing in my head: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of hosts; Heaven and earth are full of Thee, Heaven and earth are praising Thee, O Lord most high." Maybe you remember that song from summer campfires. It was a wonderful moment of remembering and worshiping, before I fell asleep again.

In 1995, my mother and I took a retrospective journey into Mexico, and in Monterrey we were offered overnight hospitality in the home of Harvey and June Schneider. To this day they've kept in touch with me, and they publish a weekly 'Moment to Consider.' Here are some thoughts from the latest:

God created us with eyes to see the magic of his world. He placed each of the hundred million receptors within our eyes for this purpose. He also put 24,000 fibers in each ear to vibrate the sounds we hear. Our bodies can move thanks to 500 muscles, 200 bones, and 7 miles of nerve fibers. He gave us 13 million brain cells which help us store every action, perception, sound, taste, and smell we've experienced since birth. Helping our brain to control our body, we have 4 million pain-sensitive structures, 500,000 touch detectors, and 200,000 temperature detectors. On top of all this, he gave us powers to plan, create, laugh, imagine, love, and pray. And above all, he gives us his love and his constant presence. Amazing!

I can't wrap my understanding around all those numbers and marvels, but I can enjoy the gifts of body that make it possible to embrace and perceive the wonders of life and of God.

Our friend Fran, whose bronchitis delayed her breast cancer surgery, is now scheduled for this coming Friday. Her blood pressure, though, has gone alarmingly high (she's never had BP problems before), and if it's not down by today her doctor will again postpone surgery. She surely needs our prayers. She's peaceful; already, that's an answer to prayer.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home