Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Christmas Story

Little Misha was an orphan in Russia, shortly after the Soviet Union dissolved. Some Americans came to Russia to teach morals and ethics based on the Bible, at the invitation of the Russian department of education. They visited the orphanage several times, and just before Christmas, they told the story of Mary and Joseph going to Bethlehem where Mary gave birth to Jesus, the Son of God. Then the missionaries gave each child a cut-out manger to assemble, along with some paper to shred for straw and a small felt baby figure.

Misha's assembled manger held two babies. Through an interpreter, he repeated the Bethlehem story accurately, until the birth. Then he added this: The baby Jesus looked at him and asked if he had a place to stay. Misha replied that he had no mama and no papa and no place to stay. Jesus invited him to stay with him, but Misha said he couldn't because he had no gift to give. Suddenly he thought of one--he could keep Him warm! So he got into the manger, and Jesus told him he could stay with Him for always. Misha dissolved into tears as he finished his story. At last he had found a safe place, and a Savior who would be with him forever. Misha would be about 20 now; I hope he's still walking close to Jesus. (I hope we all are!)

Thank you for continuing to pray for me. With no chemo, there's little to report. I'm hoping that the neuropathy (nerve damage) in my fingers and feet will retreat now that chemo is no longer attacking. I definitely feel my energy returning. And I'm fully relying on God to drive back the cancer. He can!

I hope you'll have a great day.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu Dec 13, 08:36:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Leluwa said...

This story broke my heart the first time I read it and has continued to break my heart every time I read it since. What a powerful story. It sheds a whole new light on the miracle in Christmas - the miracle of God with us - when we discover what having someone always with you means to someone who's never had it. Thanks for sharing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home