Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Good News

I hardly ever turn on the television, but I do listen to the radio when I'm driving, and I skim a news magazine each week. I think I keep up on world news fairly well, and there's certainly a shortage of good news these days. Perhaps for most people at the time of Jesus' birth, their world seemed full of bad news too--even though it reached them by rumor rather than radio or newspaper. The darker it is, the more brightly shine these words from the angel to the shepherds: "I bring you good news." The same good news comes to us this morning. Immanuel, God is with us, a Savior who is Christ the Lord. And then the hosts of angels echoed, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among humans with whom God is pleased." Isn't it amazing to think that God was and is pleased with people? As much as we mess up? Still, He takes delight in His creation. The coming of Jesus to be one of us is the ultimate expression of that delight. He loves us! Let that truth overshadow whatever news we hear today.

There's no new news about my cancer. I believe prayer is never unanswered, and God is at work in ways that are now secret to accomplish His perfect purpose.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home