Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The doctor said . . .

The doctor is continuing to investigate clinical drug trials, which by the way have about a 10% chance of being effective. In the meantime, he's placed me on an oral chemo -- 10 pills spread over 4 times per day. It's a targeted drug, genetically targeted to the ovarian cancer cells. I'll have to search the internet for more information on what "targeted" means. I asked the efficacy rate for this drug, and he said it's about 15%. (That's better than 10!) I already turned the prescription in at the pharmacy; I think it was Hexalen or something like that.

Sue's visit was such a gift. She's on her way home now.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Apr 23, 01:19:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Jake Sinko said...

Praying for you :) (of course)

Thanks for your thoughts and comments as well! It would be nice to visit sometime for sure too :) Jerm and I should try to work that out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home