Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, April 21, 2008

People

The nicest thing happened yesterday afternoon. Chuck had gone out to roll the trash hopper to the street for pickup this morning, and a friend came walking by. Her husband was doing a consultation at SIM (we live only a mile away), and she was investing her time in fitness while he was busy. Chuck invited her in, and I was just finishing preparations for a light supper. I asked if she'd join us, and to my delight she accepted at once. None of this "oh-no-i-really-couldn't." It made me so happy, and we had a lovely visit. Nice supper too. After she'd left, our neighborhood "daughter and son" stopped in to see their "sister" Sue. So loving!

Earlier we'd gone to the Daniel B. Stowe Botanical Garden; it's radiant in its spring glory. Seeing those acres of gardens is wonderfully restorative. They've added a small aviary since we were there last. And earlier than that, of course, we enjoyed Sunday school and worship. It was a splendid day, made more special by Sue's being here. I'm grateful to her husband Jeff, who encouraged her to come, even though I know he misses her.

We continue to pray for wisdom about any future treatments. We'll see the oncologist early Tuesday morning. Some of you in the U.S. may have watched the public t-v documentary about cancer last evening. Not very helpful, was it?

Have a great day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home