Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Incurable optimist

How much harm can pills do? I asked. Even 500 mgs a day of Hexalen pills? Well, let's just say they're not like a multi-vitamin. They're also not like Cisplatin, so I'm very grateful. But I think I'll be resting more than last week, and also paying attention to my digestion after all. And of course we keep praying that they'll bombard and conquer the cancer cells.

Our friend who had heart surgery Tuesday is recovering on schedule. He's only a couple of hours from us, so we'll try to see him this weekend.

A friend in South America sent me a bookmark with Psalm 94:19 in Spanish. My use of that language has gotten very rusty, so I decided to memorize the verse as a help in sleepless moments. It came in handy last night. In English it blandly says, "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." In Spanish, "doubts" is translated "preoccupaciones"--more graphic, I think. "Comfort" and "cheer" are "consuelo" and "alegria" in Spanish. You can almost feel the consolation in "consuelo," and "alegria" is such a musical sound you can't help feeling the joy.

Have a great day,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home