Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 25, 2008

Pills . . . Schmills

Turns out that Hexalen pills aren't "like another vitamin," as I naively thought. I feel really good this morning, but yesterday I wiped out by 3:00. I just need to learn to pace myself. I did get dinner made for Chuck, but left the dishes until this morning.

We have a leadership seminar going on at SIM. Every year they bring rising leaders together for a couple of weeks of exposure to how things work. Perhaps the best outcome is the relationships that are formed. In football they talk about "the bench"--the players who show promise. These leadership seminars have been going on for many years, and I think they've played a strong role in identifying the leaders who show promise. With teams in almost 50 countries, we need lots of good leaders at many levels--and we have them. It's a privilege to interact with these fun, humble, and gifted people while they're here.

Thanks so much for your prayers. I haven't missed a dose yet. It looks like I'll be struggling with digestive issues again, so the things I learned in my research a couple of weeks ago will come in handy after all.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home