Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Celebration

The first celebration for Carol is planned for Saturday (7/12) at First Baptist Church, 300 S. Davidson Street, Charlotte, NC.

The Family will receive guests 1:00 - 3:00 PM
The Celebration will be at 3:00 PM

We are planning another celebration in Lansing, Michigan, at which time her body will not be present, having been buried earlier.

In preparation for the celebration I was reviewing some material that Carol and I had worked on and found the following notation from Carol which I thought appropriate to pass along:

"Etta Shuber, in her 1943 volume Paris Underground, told how she and a Parisian friend worked for two years smuggling downed British airmen out of Naxi-occupied France. She told how the Germans had sealed the borders, not letting anyone leave the country. But in one little French town straddling the border, the population kept dwindling."

"Some of the citizens in that little village had remembered that at the back of the town's cemetery was an old gate in the wall that had been sealed for a hundred years. They opened up the gate, and thereafter, when they went to the cemetery for a funeral, they would just keep walking right on through the back gate into the land of freedom and sunshine."

"When I read that, all the bells went off. I realized that this is what Jesus accomplished for me by His death, burial, and resurrection. He opened a gate on the back side of the cemetery. We still go to funerals and graveyards, but we don't stick around. We go right out the back side into the land of freedom and life and sunshine."

Last night, Carol entered that land of freedom, life and sunshine. She is greatly missed!

Love,

Chuck

2 Comments:

At Wed Jul 09, 06:53:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Serving together said...

Carol was a good friend and mentor to me while in seminary. She blessed me with her wisdom and her wit! She was a strong woman of faith and inspired me in so many ways. She walked with me through my own cancer before fighting her own battle. What a grand lady! I miss her already.

Sara Salloum

 
At Wed Jul 09, 08:58:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chuck, Lisa, Karen and Sue,

All of us in Lisa's neighborhood here in Washington, DC, are thinking of you, feeling sad, sending love. When Lisa comes home, we will celebrate Carol here, too.

Love,

Eileen Harrington
Lisa's friend and neighbor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home