Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Blessed when tears flow freely

It has been such a blessing to have our three girls these many days. At 4:00 AM this morning our nurse daughter Sue and husband Jeff left to return to Michigan. We will miss her very much but learned so much about caring for Carol from her. Pray for safe travel and the ability to catch up on the many things left undone at home due to her time here. Daughter Lisa will also leave later today for DC and Karin will be staying a bit longer.

Carol continues to be very sharp, entering our conversations with a few weak words from time to time. Continuing to be the sweet person she has always been and several times mentioning "I never expected to still be here." We have released her to the Lord's plan and timing, but are blessed by every minute that he allows us to have with her. Each of us has spent much time at her bedside, holding her hand, watching her peaceful face, praying and recalling many fond memories. We have been and continue to be so blessed!

My reading in The Daily Message included the Beatitudes (Luke 6) today and I have been
reflecting on the verses:

"You're blessed when the tears flow freely.
Joy comes with the morning."

Have we not experienced that many times? I think of the amazing joy that Carol will soon experience as she passes through the veil and comes face to face with our wonderful Lord. Until that time, I feel so inadequate caring for her, but continue to pray for wisdom and strength for the days ahead.

Have a wonderful Lord's day, and may you clearly hear what He is saying to you through the message and songs.

Love,

Chuck...and Carol too

3 Comments:

At Sun Jul 06, 06:07:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck and Carol, You have been a great inspiration to us. As we write, we can see Carol sitting at the piano playing her beloved hymns and sharing her talent with so many in Sunday School and at the Christmas parties.

We have passed along the blogspot to so many friends and acquaintances. Some will understand the "peace that passeth all understanding" you have - others will not. Thank you for showing to us the blessing of obeying God in all circumstances and sharing your lives with us.

We love you, Sandi and Allan Anderson former FBC members

 
At Sun Jul 06, 03:55:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years ago, I was with my dad when he passed over to the other side. I was holding his hand and counting his breaths. I felt awkward in counting his breaths; but, each breath we take is precious.

I thought of the song: "...I love Thee in life...I love Thee in death...If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, it is now!"

We prayed for all of you this morning in our "Search the Scripture with Friends" class at Trinity Church. Each one of you hold a special place in our hearts.

 
At Sun Jul 06, 07:25:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Margaret said...

We have been praying for you both and miss you in Sunday School!

Love,

Margaret & Katherine King

 

Post a Comment

<< Home