Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, July 04, 2008

Enjoy the holiday

July 4th...Where is time going? As a child I recall wishing that the time for this or that event would come and my dear grandmother would say "now don't wish your life away." Now some seventy years later, it seems that those days and years are flying by. As I awoke early this morning the song America the Beautiful was playing in my head, and I was thankful to live in this beautiful country, a land of the free and the brave. Thankful for each man and women who has, and are presently, serving us in the military! We certainly are a blessed! I suspect that the reports from firecrackers during the night may be what prompted those unexpected thoughts.

Carol is very quietly resting. Possibly in a deeper sleep than usual. Often when I sit at her bedside in the early hours, she will reach out and grasp my hand or say a few quiet words. This morning there is no acknowledgement. Only quiet breathing. It has been my prayer that as those last hours and then moments arrive, she will be carried gently through that curtain. May it be so Lord.

Yesterday, she was hoping to do one more blog. She walked with me to the study and said she would like to sit in the recliner for a few minutes. Shortly another "upset" hit, after which she was so weak that I had to take her back to her hospital bed in a wheelchair. The rest of the day included a much greater time of sleep for her.

My heart is heavy. My voice breaks at times as we discuss tender issues. But there continues to be an amazing peace and strength that can only be from the Lord. Sleep does not come easily for me, but I am able to quickly drop off for shorter periods of time, and actually feel quite refreshed for the next few hours.

Your kind notes of encouragement are such a blessing to each of us. Yesterday when we got to the study, Carol asked about emails and blog responses, and I passed on your wonderful messages to her. Her eyes brightened and she would make remarks about how sweet you are but how undeserving she is of your kind words. Just what we would expect from our Carol!

Thanks for standing by us with your prayers and encouragement. You and loved and appreciated!

Love,

Chuck...and Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home