Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, July 07, 2008

Because

Carol had a rather quiet night. At 2:00 AM we recognized that she was feeling a bit of discomfort, so I removed fluid from her lung-sac and Lisa gave her a bit of morphine. After some sweet smiles and some attempted words, she settled back to sleep. (Yes Lisa is still here. She said that she just could not leave yet, and sent an email to her manager.)

I awoke a few minutes ago with the words of the Gaither song, Because He Lives going through my head. The chorus says:

"Because He lives I can face tomorrow;
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future.
And life is worth the living just because He lives"

End-of-life experiences are amazing. Many of you have written about saying good-by to loved ones and how memorable it still is. These are precious times reflecting upon what lies ahead for Carol and for each one of us. The words of Jesus in John 14:19 come to mind: "In just a little while the world will not see me again, but you will. For I will live again, and you will, too."

Shortly before leaving this earth, it was reported that D. L. Moody said; " One day you will read that D. L. Moody died, but don't you believe it. I will then be more alive than I ever have been." That likely is not an exact quote, but as I remember it, which I trust makes the point clear.

Enjoy this new day with new opportunities and experiences.

Love,

Chuck...and Carol too

8 Comments:

At Mon Jul 07, 08:42:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Rachael said...

Chuck and Carol and family,
You are all in the very center of my heart. Much love to all.
To Carol: You are truly a beautiful woman. I always admired you.
Rachael Wiggins

 
At Mon Jul 07, 09:08:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Chuck, for continuing to include us through the blog. It means a lot. We continue to pray for you. Diane W.

 
At Mon Jul 07, 09:57:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chuck and Carol, you and your family are being thought of and loved and prayed for by the entire Rich family (Lois and Arni, Lisa and the Johnsons, Kara and the Mattsons, and Jena and Tom Vander Ploeg.) May you continue to experience God's deep peace that passes all understanding. Please pass my love and greetings on to Lisa (and email: jenav@sbcglobal.net). Speaking of Lisas, I enjoyed meeting Lisa Felch at EPA. Missed you, Carol. Thanks for teaching us to FROG.

Love,
Jena

 
At Mon Jul 07, 10:23:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol and Chuck,
I just wanted you to know how very much your updates mean to me, and dhow much they are impacting the lives of people for His glory.

You remain in my prayers and thoughts...minute by minute and day by day.

Please tell Carol that she is utmost in my mind, thoughts and prayers, and how very much I love her.

Much love,

Maria Hurd
Bowers class

 
At Mon Jul 07, 10:26:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol and Chuck,

I just wanted to tell you how much your updates are ministering to many people. Both of you are utmost in my thoughts and prayers.

Please tell Carol how much I love her, and know that you both are on my mind, and in my thoughts and prayers minute by minute and day by day.

Much love,

Maria Hurd

 
At Mon Jul 07, 04:56:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Cate said...

Hello Chuck and Carol and brave good daughters,

I wanted to write to Aunt carol tonight as I leave for Uganda. So, I will! Auntie, I have been living with the sweet depth of our good bye all week. I have thought for so many moments about you, about how glad and proud I am to have known, and somehow by grace alone, even to have been loved by, you. I could have, and plan on, sitting in so many longer moments of hello with you. You have been so much light to me-a bright and brilliant gift of ceaseless love. Thank you for sharing your message of JOY and earnest devotion with me. You are etched on my heart, and I can't wait to see you again!
Yours in Grace and Peace,
Catie

 
At Mon Jul 07, 08:49:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger taryn said...

we love you guys so much. we are getting back in town tomorrow evening... i wish we were there right now. ANYTHING you need chuck, please just ask.

 
At Mon Jul 07, 10:36:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Carol,

Thank you for your faithfulness in keeping SIMEA office posted with SIMNOW development and your unfailing effort in sending us SIMNOW DVDs well ahead of printing time.

I have struggled for more than a week as I have hoped to write either something appropriate or meaningful or beautiful to you. Yet, no word of wisdom or beauty ever came to me. I have always been left with a blank screen page staring back at me.

Today, I told myself I must get this done if I don't want to have any regret. So I guess you will just have to bear with this mediocre content.

We have never met and our correspondences have always been about official SIM business. Yet, we are all human beings, blessed with the same emotions of joy, fear and love, and physical sensations of pain and pleasure. Perhaps then it's ok for me to say we in SIMEA Office share what you are going through, but of course, never fully.

We have never met but from your blog, I know that you have had a full life. I thank God for that and wish that 20 years down the road, I could say the same thing about my life.

We have never met but I know this last “resort” (we Asian like resorts, there are resorts everywhere) that we are all heading to is a wonderful place as I witnessed my dad in his very last moments, sitting up from the sick bed, looking straight ahead, and putting on the invisible shoes only he could see. Then he just went off, without even looking back.

We have never met, but one day, we will. Till then, may God continue to be our strength and grant us peace within.

Lianhiok, CHENG
Media & Communications
SIM East Asia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home