Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, July 03, 2008

What does this day hold?

Each day we wonder...Is is today Lord? Carol continued to be alert yesterday but her body is what she describes as weary...not just tired. We are having increasing problems with the PEG tube to her stomach plugging, which if not corrected, will again set off an "upset." The acids that build up need to be released. Carol's sweet spirit continues to shine and she is blessed, having minimal pain. Thank you Lord!

As I was reading in 2 Kings 20:1-10 about Hezekiah's sickness, and how the Lord answered his prayer for healing, giving him fifteen more years of life, I wanted to plead with the Lord again for the same for Carol. But I was reminded of how many of us have prayed for that, including Carol, but I have not seen or heard any indication from Carol that this is now what she wishes. In fact it is due to her wishes that we are no longer administering IV fluids. Even at this stage, I have no doubt that God can still heal her, but I can only pray...your will and your time Lord! Yesterday Carol assured me that while her passing will leave a big hole in our lives, God will fill that void. She is so right, and while it still is painful, we have been blessed with these special days to say our final good-bys and to enjoy each other. Memories that we shall each hold dearly until the curtain parts for us.

Thanks for praying for the family. Yes, these are difficult days, but days that I am sure each of us will hold dearly until we too pass through that curtain. A subject that is more frequently a topic of discussion than would be usual.

Your love and kindness mean so very much to each one of us. My only regret is that I know that I can never thank each of you properly for all of your acts of love.

May you have a keen sense of God's blessing in your life today!

Chuck...and Carol too

1 Comments:

At Thu Jul 03, 07:37:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol, Chuck, my dear friend Lisa, Sue and Karen,

I have been following the blog for a couple weeks. I am in awe of your continued strength and commitment to share your innermost thoughts and reflections during a difficult time. Your words are heard by so many more than you might think and each of you continues to leave an impression on those of us who are not physically with you.

Carol, I greatly enjoyed spending time with you and Chuck when you came to visit Lisa in Washington, DC. I will carry your kindness, quiet strength and joy for life with me. It's my turn to share a memory...
Fall 2007, you and Chuck came to visit Lisa for her birthday. First, Chuck couldn't believe that an apron would be so well received as a birthday present. (It was so classic and pretty!) And secondly, after our relaxing time on the sailboat with Captain Lisa, we smoothly pulled along side the dock, disembarqued and were walking back toward the car when you remarked, "Lisa, that was wonderful. I think we shouldn't make light of this--you did a great job taking us out and safely then getting us back." It was so nice to hear a proud parent taking the time to share a reflection and praise with an adult child. No matter how old we all are, we're still children in some ways and enjoy the glow and praise from our parents. What a good memory!

Please know that I am carrying each of you in my heart and thoughts millions of times each day.

And Carol, not to rush it, but I look forward to (eventually) seeing you on the other side of the curtain :)

Much love and hugs,
Terrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home