Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I AM, Yes I AM!

Carol had a good night. When I checked on her around 3 AM, she wanted some ice water and a few minutes ago Lisa replenished her glass again. As I lay in bed last night, I was reflecting on Carol's last desires...to have her family around her and some ice water on the side. I beautiful picture of peace and preparedness!

I spent a couple of hours at my office yesterday to handle only the most urgent matters, and when I returned home, I found our three girls around Carol's bed singing from a hymn book. I sat down and joined them, and as we sang, Carol would mouth every word with a huge smile on her face. She continues to build fond memories to leave with her beloved family!

Speaking of family, I have lost count of the daughters, sons and grandchildren that we have. It is a joy to have so many around the world call us mom and dad as well as mimi and boppi as we were named some fifteen years ago by our then learning to talk, grandson Gavin. One of those daughters from Florida sent an email yesterday with the words of the last verse of a song "I AM" on the Nichole Nordeman CD that she thought describes Carol's journey:

"When life had begun, I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance around the throne
and who can say when, but they'll dance again
When I am free and finally headed home!
I will be weak, unable to speak,
Still I will call You by name:
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer,
Comforter, Healer, my Redeemer,
Lord and King, Beginning and the End.

I AM
Yes, I AM!"

Our love and appreciation to you all!

Chuck...and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home