Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Humble obedience

Several blog readers contacted me about the Scripture yesterday, telling me a bit about a difficult situation in their life and the need to follow the Philippians passage. I am sure that is true in most of our lives. I admit to having awaken several times last night, reviewing that passage again and again in my mind. An interesting thought just crossed my mind as I write this…Could it be due to some “respectable sin” that I have allowed in my life that prevents that peace? Let’s think about that. We have been in a study with teacher Tom, centered around the book by Jerry Bridges, Respectable Sins. I realize that in one situation that is troubling me, I am the one standing in the way of my peace. Thank you Lord for the prayers of your people and for your Holy Spirit. Keep speaking to me and I will do my best to listen…and obey.

It is hard to believe that it has been a whole week since Carol took her last breath here on earth. I had a meeting with the funeral director yesterday, and he told me that it was an great honor for him to be at the celebration. It was a tribute to a wonderful lady and a life well lived. Her greatest desire was to be a positive influence for her beloved Jesus. She made that very clear in her good-by to each one of our family members during her last days while she was still able to communicate. It is my prayer that each one of us heard what Carol was saying, not only verbally, but through this blog. And that we will move the focus of our lives from ourselves and catch the vision she had for each of us and for the world.

As I scanned a book Carol was reading last night, I noticed a sentence she had underlined: “The glory of God takes precedence over our health; it is more important that the glory of God be served than that we are free of sorrow. God’s glory is all that matters .”

I think I am starting to get a message Lord. Thank you for this new day and for the new opportunities to glorify you in humble, honest obedience. We no longer have Carol with us, but I am thankful that the same Holy Spirit we saw working in and through Carol is available and ready to work in and through me today. May I not stand in His way. That is my prayer for myself and for each of you.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home