Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Routine comes slowly

Again yesterday, many asked if I would consider continuing this blog. One person, soon anticipating the loss of a spouse, indicated how helpful it has been. I am not certain how long the blog will “live” after the last input is entered, but I will certainly continue until the Michigan celebration so that you have the opportunity to review any entries from the past. From day one when Carol reported “I am not sick” I have continued to keep hard copies of each blog. A total of 1024 entries of thoughts and hopes that were widely read, with her desire to share a winding journey and glorify our wonderful Lord who was with us at each step. To God be the glory…He continues to accomplish great things!

I am finding it difficult to quickly settle into a routine. Yesterday morning after completing the blog and before leaving for the office, I wondered around the house. Stood at the foot of Carol’s hospital bed which will soon be removed, admired the many around-the-world curios that she accumulated, went out on the patio to listen to the birds and look at the flowers that she loved, but could not settle down to focus on my morning reading. Any significant prayer was even difficult. I sat on Carol’s side of our bed and picked up some things that she had been reading before being confined to the hospital bed. A copy of Indeed was folded open to the reading for 4/3/2008. My assumption is that she found it meeting her need at the moment and kept it open to return to it...Possibly several times during the past three months?

”Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”. (Philippians 4:6-7)

One paragraph by the author jumped off the page for me:

“There is no way to come to this place of rest unless we are able to relinquish our agenda in the situation. We must become willing for God to work it out any way He chooses, whatever the result to us. It seems scary to relinquish control, but we were never really in control anyway. And what outcome might God work out that would not be entirely good? He is completely trustworthy with our problems”.

As you know from her blog, Carol was human. She had anxious moments, BUT with thanksgiving, she continued to take her requests to God AND experienced a special measure of His peace right up to her last breath…Okay Lord, I think that I am getting the message! That sounds like FROGin to me…(Fully Relying On God)

During June I was reading that passage in The Daily Message. "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worrying into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

May this be a day of prayer and petition, with praises, for each of us today.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home