Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, July 14, 2008

Quiet House

No longer are there the happy sounds of family members in the house. Lisa was the last to leave when I took her to the bus station late last evening. Today is the first day of a new phase of life for me. I will head back to the office this morning after being absent since Last Monday. There will be plenty of work waiting to occupy my day, but first I will participate in our daily chapel/prayer time. A time of worship and prayer for needs here and around the world. As I have said many times, I have never enjoyed a job more but been paid less. My compensation far exceeds any monetary value. I look forward to returning to some sort of a routine in my life, but continue to experience the tremendous loss of the partner and love of my life for nearly 49 years.

A greeting from dear friends rings in my ears, and is the desire of my heart today:

"Lord, if there were words that could heal a heart,
I would speak them...
If there were songs that could fill the emptiness,
I would sing them...
If there were arms big enough to hold the loss...
I would extend them.
But only You, Lord, can offer these precious mercies.

In your grace, please grant them, Lord."

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home