Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, July 11, 2008

Lansing Celebration

The Michigan celebration has now been confirmed:

Saturday, August 2

12:30-1:30 pm -- Family will greet guests
1:30-2:30 pm -- Celebration

Trinity Church
3355 Dunckel Road
Lansing, MI 48911

There will be a private burial with the immediate family prior to this celebration.

Carol usually was reading several books at a time, which was the case until she became too weak to read. She was reading a devotional by Sarah Young titled Dear Jesus, and I notice that she had the corner of several pages bent over so that she could return quickly to those readings. Here are a few brief excerpts from one of the pages that she marked:

"Holiness is letting Me live through you. Since I dwell in you, you are fully equipped to be holy. Pause before responding to people or situations, giving My Spirit space to act through you." Later in the reading, the author warns "...be careful not to confuse being holy with trying to appear holy." I liked the final statement: "Remember that I am Christ in you, the hope of Glory. The more you know Me and love Me, the easier it is for you to let Me live through you. Without your even realizing it, intimacy with Me transforms you into My likeness -- My holy image." Carol continually strived to be transformed into His likeness!

Our love to each of you,

Chuck...and the family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home