Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My good - His glory

This morning I need to share something I just completed reading in The Daily Message from 1 Corinthians 9 that challenged me and may also be a needed challenge for you;

"Even though I am free of the demands and expectations of everyone, I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to reach a wide range of people: religious, nonreligious, meticulous moralists, loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized - whoever. I didn't take their way of life. I kept my bearings in view. I've become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempt to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did this because of the Message. I didn't just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it!...I'm giving it everything I've got! No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition."

The Apostle Paul then goes on to recall blessings from God that his people experienced but their unfortunate response. "But just experiencing God's wonder and grace didn't seem to mean much--most of them were defeated by temptations...God was not pleased." And then his challenge spoke directly to me; "Don't be so naive and self-confident. You're not exempt. You could fall flat on your face as easily as anyone else. Forget about self-confidence; it's useless. Cultivate god-confidence."

That is my challenge today, and down the road. The loss of Carol is huge. Was I guilty of placing too much confidence in her plus my own abilities and failing to cultivate complete God-confidence? As painful as it is, I continue to see God working for my good and for His glory.

Enjoy your service for Him today!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home