Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Burial

Thanks for praying. About 20 family members were at Deepdale Cemetery for the burial yesterday. A first for me to lead something like this, but it seemed to be what the Lord was telling me to do. I talked about the impact that Carol had on so many around the world, how she was intentional in her life, prepared to pass through that curtain of death, and how she made that transition in complete peace as we stood by her bed. After a few hesitations when my emotions surfaced, I concluded with a quote from Carol which was likely the last thing she wrote to be printed on the reverse side of a small card with the painting by daughter Sue, Into the Light that was distributed at both celebrations:

Thinking back on my life, I am filled with love and gratitude for you. Thank you for allowing me to share in your lives - I have treasured our time together. Cling to Jesus. I'll see you on the other side of the curtain. I love you, Carol

Thanks for praying!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home