Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Blessings

What a blessing family and friends are! Special times of fellowship, renewing memories from years ago, and many miles safely traveled…Thank you Lord!

During the many hours of travel alone, I had much time to listen to various CDs and radio programs, but most of all time to just reflect on God and draw closer to Him. I thought about David’s instructions to his son Solomon as his life on earth was soon coming to an end. As he passed on instructions for the construction of the temple, he also gave Solomon encouragement and instruction about life:

“And Solomon, my son, get to know the God of your ancestors. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and with a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and understands and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you reject him, he will reject you forever.” (1 Chronicles 28:9) “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not forsake you.” (28:20)

I see that as a challenge for me. Family and friends are a tremendous blessing, but nothing compares with my relationship with the Lord. After everyone had left the lake Sunday, and I was alone for that last evening, the tears started to flow freely. Fear, discouragement, loss and all sorts of emotions can overtake me if I let them. It made me realize how easy it is to put my trust in the wrong things…even wonderful people…even Carol, the love of my life. As I poured out my heart to the Lord, I realized that I really was not alone. That too is choice.

This will be a busy day with hundreds of emails awaiting me at the office along with a pile of mail. Tomorrow I will fulfill one of Carol’s last requests by getting a complete physical. Our focus has been primarily on Carol the past couple of years and I have not been keeping up-to-date on my own check-ups. Her words keep ringing in my ears…”Chuck, take care of yourself, the kids and grandkids still need you!” So tomorrow I will get started on that task, and trust that there are no serious problems on the immediate horizon.

Thanks for traveling this road with me. I am blessed!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home