Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Special visits

It has been a special time visiting with family and friends in Michigan and Indiana. Yesterday would have been our 49th anniversary. I sure miss Carol, but find myself reflecting frequently on special memories of fun times that we enjoyed together. I am thankful that my thoughts seem to be focusing more on the positive memories rather than simply feeling sorry for myself. I believe that is a real answer to prayer.

I have been listening to a lot of talk radio programs as I travel, and again found my daily reading yesterday to be a most important reminder: “The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simple, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live.” (1 Timothy 2:1-3) A good reminder as we listen to the politicians and media in preparation for the November voting.

I returned to the lake house last evening and will spend the weekend here with family members from Indiana and Michigan, heading home on Monday. As I hear about storms and potential storms, I pray that all of you will be safe as the winds and rain hit various parts of the country. I appreciate the regular reports from neighbors keeping an eye on the house and updating me on what is happening back home.

I trust that you will all have a wonderful weekend.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home