Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Life healed and whole

After a few hours of sleep I awoke and decided it was better to get up and read a bit rather than try to turn off my mind when it was so active. With all of the activities these past few days, I got a little behind in my daily reading so this is a good chance to catch up and fill my mind with some new thoughts. I am aware how easy it is be focused on my life without Carol and forget the joy and completeness that she is experiencing. It sure is easy to be self-centered!

I visited a friend yesterday who is having a huge struggle with cancer. His wife had called me regarding Hospice, so we talked about their services and the blessing that they were for Carol and me. I pray often for friends fighting cancer…Jim, Joe, John, Bob and Fran who is recovering from surgery and dealing with radiation. Do join me in praying for them and their families. Each of them is standing firm in their battle, but it is not an easy road to travel.

Reading in the first chapter of 1 Peter today, a couple thoughts from The Message thrilled me. Peter says; “Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we’ve been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven—and the future starts now! God is keeping careful watch over us and the future. The Day is coming when you’ll have it all--life healed and whole.” What a blessing to have that hope which is certain. I look forward to that Day when we are all healed and whole!

Might your day be filled with unexpected joy as together we await that Day.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home