Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Molded mud

This has been a rather busy, but enjoyable week. We have nearly thirty potential candidates spending four days with us at the office to determine how and where the Lord wants to use them. I have had the opportunity to interview several of them and am thrilled to learn how the Lord has been working in their lives and the experiences he has given them to prepare them for a lifetime of service for Himself. Some have come from “perfect” homes, some not so perfect and some have experienced horrible abuse that was difficult to deal with but through which they learned the love of God and His protection, and have a burden to be used of Him in others lives. Now they are searching for their place in the world to serve Him. Spending time with young people like that gives me a renewed hope for the future of this country and the world.

Friends continue to encourage me. Last weekend for Mother’s Day, I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from our “southern daughter” Connie. She was thinking of Carol and wanted me to have them in her memory. I was invited for dinner three times during the week and had some wonderful times of fellowship and delicious food. Last evening was a special time at a neighbor’s home with them and another couple that were former neighbors of mine.

I had a call from the wife of Carol’s cancer buddy John yesterday asking for special prayer. She caught a bad cold and is praying that she will not pass it on to John in his weakened condition with cancer. Please join me in praying for both John and Mary Ella. These are difficult times for them, similar to those that Carol and I faced about a year ago. Pray for grace, peace and strength, along with healing, as they fight the daily battles that can seem overwhelming at times.

Yesterday I read a devotional in Indeed; “We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.” (I Corinthians 4:7) What a good reminder that we, as the author said, are “molded mud” so that God’s strength and power can be seen in us without putting the focus on the “pot.” It reminds me of the statement by John the Baptist when he said about Jesus; “He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.” (John 3:30) That sure is not the usual desire of my “flesh” but something that I continue to strive toward.

Thanks again for your encouragement and prayers. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,

1 Comments:

At Sat May 16, 08:27:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Susan said...

still praying for you.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home