Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 22, 2009

Birthday


Yesterday would have been the birthday of a very special person; wife, mom, grandmother, Mimi and friend. This photo was taken on the day that she took her first of 51 chemo infusions that helped her to have many wonderful days with family and friends during her two and a half years of fighting cancer.

I was amazed how many people remembered the day and contacted me with words of support and encouragement. One couple, anticipating that it would be a difficult day for me, invited me to their home for dinner. It was a blessing to be with friends but I found my eyes drooping from time to time before heading home. I had been on the go since 4:30 am when I make my weekly trip to the warehouse to pick up donated bread items for the mission. The Lord continues to bless me through each of you, for which I continue to thank Him and want to also thank you!

This morning during our chapel time we had a report from one of our missionaries who just returned from Africa after several years of service. Her story was amazing as she told of open and responsive hearts and how the Lord had used the dreams of several individuals to open the door for her to tell them about Jesus, seeing their lives and desires dramatically changed. There are days when I feel tired and think that maybe this old guy should be thinking of taking it easier, but then when I hear reports like this one, I am inspired to "carry on" even when I may not feel like it. As the Lord continues to give me the health and strength I plan to continue in the role where He has placed me.

Have a blessed day!

Chuck

2 Comments:

At Fri May 22, 12:42:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Burkinator said...

Chuck,
I've known you (and Carol) only very briefly through the Clapham Circle, but I could sense your heart for the Lord. I know a couple of Carol's SIM co-laborers, and they confirmed what I saw: God used her in special ways to do His work, and it's good to see you continuing it on this blog. Thanks for the encouraging words you post here.

—Kristen Burke

 
At Thu May 28, 09:12:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Leslie Watson said...

Dear Chuck,

All the years Carol and I knew each other yet not knowing we share the same birthday. You can see how self-focused we both were.

Thanks for keeping the postings going. I am so happy to read what you are doing and how you are blessing others!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home