Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Returned Safely

Dear Friends,

Thanks for keeping such close contact with me. Yes, I am back home. I arrived late in the day yesterday but received a call on the way home asking me to attend a neighborhood business meeting shortly after I arrived. It has been quite busy since returning but I will take a few moments to give a quick update.

The trip went perfectly with outstanding weather in the Upper Peninsula. While there we took a 3-hour boat trip on Lake Superior to see the Pictured Rocks and joined the throngs to walk the Mackinac Bridge on Labor day. I never did hear a count but they were expecting around 50,000 so we were not alone. I was amazed to see many trees up there starting to turn to beautiful reds and yellows indicating that fall is just around the corner up there.

Gavin rode with me as far as Clare at which point Karin had to leave our route to head back to Valparaiso and Keith and Calli joined us on the trip back to Warsaw. I spent a rather short night at our lake house and was on the road back here early in the morning.

Thanks so much for your prayers, calls and emails. You are a great encouragement.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home