Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Making memories

I trust that each of you had an enjoyable 4th with family and friends. Those gatherings are occasions for making wonderful memories that we can draw upon at future times. Keith and I had an uneventful trip to and from our lake house. We were able to get some repair items done while also spending time on the water, enjoying the family and even catching a few fish our last evening there. Grandson Gavin had a large group of friends join us at the lake to watch the local fireworks and they also put on quite a show of their own with all kinds of noisy and beautiful displays.

These days are filled with memories from two years ago as Carol was completing her time on earth with us. As I was reading the blogs which she and I had done during those final days, I was especially moved by the thoughts that she wrote on 6/27, which was the last time that she was able to write:

“I had a startling revelation a couple of days ago. I’m not going to learn anything more about heaven until I’m experiencing it in person. (Pause! Smile! Think about it!) I’m simply too tired to read any more, or even to hold a book. So the wonderful studying I’ve done over the past years is all I have—until I step through that fragile curtain and open my eyes on reality for the first time.

So I thought I’d like to pass that along. Today, while you have some energy and some control over your time, is the opportunity to learn what you need to know for your real future. There’s probably no last-minute cramming.

I’m writing this on Friday afternoon, as we wait for the rest of the family to arrive. I’m getting tireder as time goes by, but not sicker. I love you all and still wish I would tell you so in person. Through Christ, I hope to see you all there some day.”


Ten days later as we were tucking her in for the night, Carol took her last breath. A few days earlier she was able to spend time with each of our children and grandchildren before she became too weak to do so, and even had me dial the numbers of several out-of-state friends that she had been praying for and wanted to encourage them to keep growing in their faith and their relationship with Christ.

Thanks for your prayers for me and the family. We miss Carol very much but have wonderful memories. May we continue to learn while we have the strength as Carol challenged us to do in her final blog!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home