Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Into The Light

As I turned the page in my Indeed devotional yesterday, I was surprised to see the title; Into The Light which was the title for that days reading. It was identical to the one Carol attached to the picture that daughter Sue painted and I positioned so Carol could view it during her final days here on earth. Through the generous help of dear friends, we were able to reproduce it on 4X6 cards with a final message from Carol on the reverse side for distribution at her celebrations in Charlotte and Lansing. I still have people requesting additional copies of the card for themselves or others.

After days of looking at the picture and visualizing what was ahead for her, Carol dictated some of her thoughts about the painting. She said in part; "I see myself along with millions of other pilgrims walking along the path toward the curtain that separates us from eternity. Thanks to the Light of the world (Jesus), the inconceivable light that welcomes us is full of hope and glory and peace. This has been a metaphor for the last days of my life here on earth and a mere hint of the splendor that waits for all of us." As I see the original painting prominently hanging in my living room, it draws my attention each time that I pass and I often wonder at what point along that path I currently am located.

This past weekend was a delight being with Friend Keith and his family in Wake Forest. We enjoyed swimming in their neighborhood pool, exploring a huge close-by park and lake along with consuming a generous amount of delicious home cooking. It is always a thrill for me to spend time with them.

Thanks so much for your love, support and prayers. You are very much appreciated!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home