Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Focus on The Source

I trust that each of you had a wonderful weekend. My weekend was an exceptionally delightful one. Friend Keith traveled with me to the lake house helping out with several "chores" that needed to be done there and helping with the trip by keeping me alert and also taking turns driving, which takes about 12 hours each way. It is always a joy for us to get together and catch up now that he lives about 2 1/2 hours away from me.

Grandson Justin and his wife Laura joined us at the lake along with son-in-law Keith, Gavin and Calli. Karin could not make it as she was working hard in Indianapolis preparing to write her Bar exam since graduating from Law School about a week ago. We also took time for some fun on the water. Lots of riding the tubes and wake-boarding filled much of that time. Our swans visited us often with their little family of one. It is fun to watch them bobbing for food and the little one hopping on mom's back if he gets tired or mom detects some danger.



We all enjoyed attending the Sunday service together and were challenged by Pastor Denny's message "The Source" which is the second in his series on "Becoming". We were challenged to evaluate where we go for encouragement, guidance and the power that we need in our every day life. He contrasted looking to the Source (God) in comparison to trusting our many available resources. One of the verses he referred to was Matthew 11:28-30; "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Help me Lord, to be looking to you as The Source for all of my needs.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home