Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Busy days

These have been some busy days. My trip back home was uneventful but I have been on a run ever since. This morning I was at the office shortly after 4:00 AM to go to the warehouse to pick up donated bread. Then at 8:30 AM I led our combined prayer service with our International Office. Recently I have been reading Philippians and was thinking about the Apostle Paul's statement in 3:8 when when he said "I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things."

Paul certainly did give up a lot of things. His career as a rising star in Jewish circles, friends, loved ones, a steady income and a place to call home, just to name a few. As I thought more about it, I feel that it was more an exchange that he made. He put aside many things that we hold dearly to respond to the Christ that he was learning to love focusing on His priorities.

Today we heard from a family that took similar steps, leaving the security and comfort of life in the U.S. to take up residence among the Chinese peoples. Although it has been a difficult assignment, they are excited about how God is using them in a very remote location. They will spend a bit of time in the states getting a daughter settled in college and meeting with supporters before returning to their assignment. As I listen to reports like this one, it thrills me to be a small part of each of these teams.

Tomorrow, neighbor Keith and I are heading back to the lake house where we hope to complete a few chores in preparation of some summer family fun there. It will be a blessing to have him travelling with me as well as giving a hand with awaiting projects.

Thanks so much for your wonderful emails and phone calls. You are appreciated!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home