Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reflecting on prayer

This week as I reflected upon our study of prayer and was praying for several that are facing some challenging times, I couldn’t help but think about the Apostle Paul and the hardships that he faced. I was especially interested in his reaction to those hardships and his desire to be obedient to God in his response to them. In chapter 6 of 2 Corinthians he says; “We try to live in such a way that no one will be hindered from finding the Lord by the way we act, and so no one can find fault with our ministry.” (vs.3) I am certain that Paul was in rather constant communication with the Lord (praying) to accomplish all that he did. I like his response at the end of the list of hardships in verse 10; “Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.” WOW…that response can only be from a close walk with God, keeping in close communication through prayer.

Next week I have an exciting opportunity to take a cruise with daughter Sue to Alaska. During the two week trip we will spend the better part of seven days in Alaskan ports and also stop off in Victoria, BC. This will be a working trip for Sue, serving as one of the nurses on board which will prevent her from doing many of the tourist things with me. I am thrilled to have a couple that Carol and I often traveled with that are going too, so it will be fun exploring new territory together taking Sue with us as often as possible. I am not sure how easy it will be to connect to the internet during that time, so don’t panic if there isn’t a new weekly blog.

Thanks so much for your prayers and much encouragement. You are a blessing!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home