Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, July 12, 2010

Thankful



Anniversaries always have a tendency to bring back memories and this second anniversary of Carol’s home-going seems to be generating far more memories and emotions than the first. I am thankful for the wonderful group of friends that put together the celebration as Carol had desired. As I thought about the many guests I was reminded that several have now joined Carol through that fragile curtain. Some that were in apparent perfect health two years ago. One dear friend, George, who was in attendance and in great health is anticipated to be passing through that curtain at any moment. Pray for a gentle departure for him and for peace and comfort for Anne-Britt and the family. I was reminded of the little note that Carol wished to pass on about the painting by daughter Sue and her anticipation of seeing us on the other side of the curtain. “Adopted” son Rob did a beautiful job putting the painting and her note together on cards that were distributed at the celebrations. If Blogspot will cooperate, I will insert a picture of it here.

This week we have been studying about the problem of cynicism in a life of prayer. One of the six cures for cynicism that the author (Paul E. Miller) mentions, is cultivating a thankful spirit. As I read that, I couldn’t help but think of Carol. I don’t know of anyone that demonstrated a more thankful spirit than she. Even during those last days with fluid having to be regularly removed from her lung sac, violent stomach upsets and all sorts of difficulties, she always had a smile and words of appreciation for us and for the Lord as we attempted to make her more comfortable…A truly thankful spirit!

In comparing cynicism and thanksgiving, the author says; “Cynicism looks reality in the face, calls it phony, and prides itself on its insight as it pulls back. Thanksgiving looks reality in the face and rejoices at God’s care. It replaces a bitter spirit with a generous one.” Lord, help me to eliminate those cynical thoughts that can hamper my prayer life.

Have a blessed week!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home