Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving


For you who like visual images, this is a very happy family after years of hard work culminating with the judge's swearing-in ceremony at our lake house in Indiana. It was a team effort. Keith, Calli and Gavin were very much involved!

I trust that each of you enjoyed an exceptional Thanksgiving with friends and/or family. It was a special day of reflection and interaction for me. Having experienced a rather nasty problem not being able to breathe after returning home, I have been on some heavy steroid and antibiotic medications. With my compromised immune system I decided to decline offers to join large family gatherings with local friends. I did however accept an invitation from a couple that were only having their college-age grandson, and I had a delightful time enjoying a huge array of delicious foods topped off with a selection of pies for dessert. We enjoyed an afternoon of fellowship and I returned home reminded again of the blessing of wonderful friends.

With a four-day holiday weekend, I am enjoying catching up on sleep that was lost while ill, dealing with some much needed items around the house, reading encouraging and challenging material, and being thankful for a loving God that provides so much more than just the essentials…Yes, even thankful for times these past few days when medicine didn’t seem to be working, but able to confidently wait upon Him, thankful that the my future is secure…regardless!

It reminded me of truths in Psalm 119, especially verses 1-8 in The Message (Eugene Peterson):

You’re blessed when you stay on course,
walking steadily on the road revealed by GOD.
You’re blessed when you follow his directions,
doing you best to find him.
That’s right—you don’t go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road he set.
You GOD, prescribed the right way to live;
now you expect us to live it.
Oh, that my steps might be steady
keeping to the course you set;
Then I’d never have any regrets
in comparing my live with your counsel.
I thank you for speaking straight from your heart;
I learn the pattern of your righteous ways,
I’m going to do what you tell me to do;
don’t ever walk off and leave me.


As I think of the blessings of God I am filled with thanksgiving. But also I am challenged by the fact that He has blessed me so that I will be a blessing…Lord keep me sensitive to the needs, some very hidden, to those around me!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home