Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, December 27, 2010

Blessed Christmas


I enjoyed some blessed times over the Christmas holiday. On Christmas eve I was invited to a neighbor's home for dinner and later we attended an outstanding Christmas Eve candlelight service. On Christmas I enjoyed a fantastic dinner with friends and was surprised how fast the day went as we enjoyed conversation that went around the world. As I left, snow was starting to fall and when I awoke the following morning the above is what I saw from my window. Brrr this is more like Michigan than the Carolinas! Churches and businesses were mostly closed on the 26th so I had a quiet Sunday at home listening to music and messages and completing a few small tasks.

While doing a small bit of reupholstering I went to collect some items from Carol's sewing materials, and found a small piece of paper that she had written at some time which was so characteristic of her: "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance." WOW...I fell apart for a few moments remembering the "dancer" of my life and sensing a renewed loss.

In the evening my "southern kids" stopped in for dinner bringing with them the dinner with all the trimmings complete with coconut pie. What an enjoyable way to wrap up the holiday weekend.

I trust that each of you also was blessed with family and friends and the reminder of that life-changing birth that is celebrated at Christmas. It was a good time for me to enjoy the wonderful music of the season and review many Scriptures about the Jesus of Christmas, the Man, the Redeemer, the Savior and Lord of His people. We are so richly blessed!

Love to all,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Sun Jan 02, 03:45:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Jen Baeder said...

oh Chuck! what a moving post! how wonderful that you had a Christmas so rich w/fellowship. How beautiful what Carol wrote on that slip of paper... what a treasure.
oh, and who are your "southern kids"? sounds like they made quite the feast. Coconut pie... yummy!
Know that though we don't always keep in touch, you are always dear to our hearts! We love you "Grandpa Chuck!" Silas gives you a big fat slobbery kiss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home