Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanks for praying!

Just a quick note to let you know that the initial report from my ultrasound appears to be favorable. It will still need to pass by the radiologist but my doctor says that from what he can see, it appears to be a combination of an infection and some calcification. He says that in his opinion it is 95% certain NOT to be cancer, for which I am most thankful. He indicated that if I were a 14 year old, there would be more concern, but at my age it is unlikely to give any further problem after the infection is eliminated. Final report will be next week but we do not anticipate any surprises. Thanks so much for praying!

I have to admit that I was preparing for the worst while praying for a favorable outcome. Remembering all of the hours that I needed to spend negotiating appointments, insurance issues, driving to appointments etc. during Carol's battle with cancer, had me trying to visualize how that works with someone that is alone and doesn't like to impose on others. Thankfully at this time it is not necessary to work that out and I am confident that when/if that time ever comes, there is already a "plan" in place. As Carol once said; "It's not death that concerns me, it is the process."

As I write this I am reminded of 2 Corinthians 4:14:

"We know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence." What a blessing to have that assurance!

Thanks again for your prayers. I will certainly let you know if there is any change but we certainly do not anticipate any. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home