Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, March 14, 2011

Productive Weekend

I had a productive weekend but somewhat painful physically. I spent a long day Saturday working in the yard. The excessive heat and draught last summer killed some mature plantings that had to be removed and replaced and much weeding and trimming was also necessary along with grass that was demanding attention. Wow...I thought that I was sore when I went to bed but that was nothing compared to the aches and pains Sunday morning. But with the help of a couple Excedrin, the discomfort was put behind me and I had a delightful day.

I worked my way through the books of Judges and Ruth during the week. Getting into the book of Ruth was a welcome change after following the lives of the Judges. I found myself reflecting upon the life of Samson. A man "set apart to God from birth" with the opportunity to deliver Israel from the hands of the Philistines, but wasting so much of God's gifts and finally his life coming to a tragic ending. While his life was filled with many excesses, I have been reflecting upon my own life and recognizing how easy it is to "head off in the wrong direction." A good reminder that it is a daily challenge to finish well!

I had the opportunity to visit the contemporary church that grandson Jeremy introduced us to a few years ago. What a joy it is to see how they are impacting the younger adults of the community. Lives that are totally transformed from lifestyles that I had never heard about when I was their age. They are currently in a series on "Self-Sabotage and the Avoidance Thereof." Pastor Scott talked about habits, tendencies and inclinations that resurface even after being dealt with. And the need to focus on facets that can undermine our identity and relationship with God. I especially liked the way he introduced the message by his deep desire to inspire people and then wrapping up the message emphasizing his passion for each one to know Christ. I am always challenged and encouraged when I visit and witness the excitement along with numerical and spiritual growth there.

I trust that you each have a blessed week.

Love to all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home