Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wintry Weather


WOW...This weather does not belong in Charlotte! We had several inches of snow yesterday and ice accumulated on top of it during the night. Beautiful outside today as you can see, but very treacherous to be walking or driving.

I had an fanastic weekend. I invited a neighbor friend for a simple dinner Saturday evening and had a great time getting better acquainted. He has lived in the subdivision much longer that we have, but his work as nurse for the U.S. Government takes him away for months at a time. Currently he is working in a maximum security prison which certainly is never dull. It was good to learn more about his life and be better able to back him up with prayer.

Sunday was a delightful day with an in-depth study on Worship and the Holiness of God in class. Following that we learned about Praying in the Spirit which was most challenging and fit well with the Worship study. As we considered the need for prayer, the pattern for prayer and the encouragement for prayer, I was challenged about spending more time in effectual fervent (or earnest) prayer as James mentions in James 5:16. I find it far too easy to get all wrapped up with the urgency of the moment and fail to seek God's direction in every situation. I sure am thankful for the times when I proceed with my plans, but God through various means redirects my steps. I could avoid a lot of frustration if I was "consulting" with him from the start. I enjoyed rich fellowship with several dear friends over lunch after church. What a blessing friends are!

As I see the weather maps and realize that much of the nation is getting storms and excessive cold, I trust that you are keeping warm and safe. Have a wonderful week!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home