Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Reflections

I enjoyed a delightful weekend touring Keith’s complex in the Raleigh/Durham area, meeting his co-workers and catching up with each other. I miss his friendship and encouragement as my neighbor, but we still are able to keep in touch by phone and an occasional visit. Keith keeps mighty busy with 350 housing units. Rarely a dull moment with all of the challenges that they generate daily. While there, I awoke a little early one morning and was catching up on my daily reading through the Bible, which brought me to the end of the book of Joshua. As I reviewed some of the high points from the lives of Moses and Joshua, I was reminded and challenged by the following:

Unbelief delayed the Israelites from entering the Promised Land. Regardless, God never withdrew his promises to them. Their history indicated obedience bringing blessings and victory while disobedience continually resulted in defeat and heartache. While there was freedom of choice for the people, responsibility rested upon their own shoulders to make the “right” choice and enjoy the blessings available to them or face the consequences from making wrong choices. A prime example was Moses being able to see the Promised Land but dying before the group moved on in, due to a moment of impatience and anger on his part. WOW…A good reminder to me about making hasty responses and letting my emotions get out of control.

As Joshua took the Israelites into the Promised Land he learned that victory comes through faith in God and obedience to His Word. I always enjoy reading about the Jericho experience, seeing seven days of obedience accomplish the victory that no amount of might or power could have done. Sadly that fantastic victory was tainted by Achan’s disobedience by taking some of the forbidden spoils, reminding me of the importance of one individuals' disobedience which can prevent God’s planned blessing on the whole group.

There were also numerous examples of the making and developing of good leaders. Certainly their maturity, character and reputation caused them to stand out. But also of utmost importance was how they managed their bodies, minds, families, resources, tongues....their very lives, that made the difference. As I thought about my own life, I was reminded of several areas that need “better management.” Always new challenges for me to work on. Thank you Lord!

Thanks for your love and prayers,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home