Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

To get God's attention

As I was putting together some thoughts for a presentation, I wondered how some verses were stated in the King James version of the Bible. I took a copy of the New King James version from the shelf that happened to be one Carol carried with her during the 80's. As I was searching out verses, a note in the margin in Carol's handwriting said; "The only way to get God's attention!" I quickly checked for the verse;

"But on this one will I look: on him who is poor and of a contrite spirit and who trembles at My word." (Isaiah 66:2b) The New Living Translation states it: "I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my word." Both translations sure make humility and obedience to God's Word primary! A powerful reminder for me during this new year.

I spent New Years eve with two couples from the office, and we stayed somewhat alert to say goodbye to 2010 and to welcome in 2011 with noise makers and sparklers as fireworks illuminated the night sky and their explosions penetrated the silence. I forgot how exciting the evening could be. The following evening I enjoyed another wonderful meal with friends from Michigan who have been coming down here for years to help at our office during the winter months. I am blessed to have so many caring friends when I am so far from my family.

As I launch off into this new year and decade, it is my desire to be more intentional in prayer and being in a position to get God's attention as simply outlined in the Isaiah passage. Please pray with me to that end.

Have a blessed New Year!

Chuck

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home