Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Challenges

With the beauties of spring come the many outside tasks which have been using much of my spare time lately. At the moment it seems like an impossible task to keep up on all of the "inside" chores, spend week days at the office and still have time to spend time with friends. You can guess where I will be spending my day Saturday. For sure, I don't have time to be bored!

As I see clips of the tsunamis tragedy flash on the computer screen and across the pages of the papers, I continue to be reminded of the message by Dr. Monro last Sunday. Mid-week he changed his message plans to be in step with the topic he felt the Spirit wanted him to address, which was "Earthquakes, tsunamis and God." I have reflected upon his four major points all week:

We were reminded that these tragedies are all (1) part of life and are indiscriminate. They don't always happen to "them" but can effect any of us at any time. As such, they may be (2) a wake-up call to all of us from our selfish, self-absorbed selves. The good news is that (3) God is in control! The words from Isaiah 46:8-10 sure do support that: "Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." When we look at the life of Jesus, we certainly see that (4) God knows about suffering. Jesus certainly did not find his years on earth to be easy or for that matter to end on a "high note." He knew what it was to suffer!

As I was coming in to the office today I was listening to Dr. Lutzer and I found a statement that he made to be both an encouragement and a challenge to me. He said; "For a Christian, this life is the worst that it can ever get, but for a non-Christian this life is the best it will ever be." That is a good one to keep in mind as we struggle with problems and meet with others in great need!

I trust that this has been a good week for you and that you will have a blessed weekend.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home