Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keeping in touch

So far this has been a rather busy week. Many times I have thought that it was time to add a few lines to the blog but then something else moved to the urgent category and I set the blog aside. I appreciate each of you so much that continue to keep in touch and encourage me along the winding bath of life.

My week started off on a high note on Sunday as we heard some fantastic music by The Kings Brass and some challenging but encouraging thoughts from God’s Word. We are currently in the midst of a training session for new candidates at the office, which is always a blessing but at the same time adds some extra responsibilities. With thirty adults and thirty-five children, there is never a dull moment. Each morning as we hear testimonies of God’s work in lives, I am thrilled to have a small part in God’s great enterprise. Thankful for the strength and health that God continues to give me but very much aware that could change at any moment. Thankfully that all is in His hands!

Having just completed reading Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs, I could see a pattern develop as the writer, believed to be King Solomon, shared his thoughts and I suspect portions of his life throughout the three books. It is easy to visualize a young Solomon in Song of Songs wooing a woman and getting married…Sharing some of the joys and heartaches of their love for each other…A picture of Christ’s love for his bride, the church. In the Proverbs he gets practical touching upon many areas of godly counsel. Many times as I awake in the middle of the night and have difficulty going back to sleep I am reminded that with sound judgment and discernment “when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet” (Proverbs 3:24) assuring us; “for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.” (vs. 26). As I read Ecclesiastes, I could visualize a mature Solomon as he looks back over life and repeatedly says that all the accomplishments of life are futile or meaningless apart from God. He has generated many good reminders and challenges for me since reading the three books.

Now as I am working my way through the book of Isaiah, I see many similarities to today as Isaiah is sent by God to deliver an unpleasant message to the nation of Judah…A nation exhibiting idolatry, hypocrisy, injustice and corruption. Too often it sounds much like what I read in the news today and is a good reminder for us to be praying for our nation along with many others around the world.

I trust that each of you is enjoying the week and avoiding the extreme heat that seems to be covering a good portion of the country. I am certainly thankful for air conditioning!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home