Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 17, 2011

No more learning

Ever notice how certain dates and events continue to stay very fresh in your mind, even to the point of your reliving them as that particular time of year rolls around again? That is so true for me. This week my mind continues to swing back to the past and I have reread many of my notes and our blogs.

Three years ago, we were doing everything that we possibly could to package the three bundles that Carol had hoped and prayed for during her last weeks here on earth. Bundle one was to gain enough strength to make a trip to Michigan for the wedding of grandson Justin and Laura. Bundle two was to have the strength to attend their wedding and possibly take part in it, and bundle three was to retain enough strength to return home to Charlotte to await that rapidly approaching hour. After 2½ years of fighting cancer and fifty-one chemo infusions, we knew it would be a challenge.

By God’s grace we were able to accomplish all three desires/bundles and Carol was even able to give a challenge from the latter part of Ephesians 4 for the couple from her seat at the front of the sanctuary:

A few days after returning home, Carol penned some final thoughts that she wanted me to insert into the blog that continue indelibly engraved on my mind and I believe are a challenge for each of us:

“I had a startling revelation a couple of days ago. I’m not going to learn anything more about heaven until I’m experiencing it in person. (Pause! Smile! Think about it!) I’m simply too tired to read any more, or even to hold a book. So the wonderful studying I’ve done over the past years is all I have—until I step through that fragile curtain and open my eyes on reality for the first time.

So I thought I’d like to pass that along. Today while you have some energy and some control over you time, is the opportunity to learn what you need to know for your real future. There’s probably no last-minute cramming.”


As I experience the great loss of her absence, I also am continually reminded of the tremendous blessing of a caring God and loving family and friends as we walked through the shadows with Carol during those final days.

I trust that you all are experiencing His love in your lives!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home