Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Praise & Thanksgiving




I have been reading the Psalms during the past couple of weeks and reminded of how they are filled with praise and thanksgiving. I recently read that praise is repeated 175 times and thanks 32 times in the book of Psalms. Certainly we should get a strong message from that repetition.

I spent the weekend at our lake house in Indiana and found myself repeatedly praising and thanking the Lord for our family. They are always a blessing to be with and it is a special blessing to see the grandchildren making the “right” decisions and growing in the Lord. On this trip the family gathered to congratulate grandson Gavin on his graduation from high school. He will be heading to Bethel College in the fall in preparation for medical school. All of the family pitched in preparing an open house for him at the lake. Nearly a hundred friends stopped by to play games, chat and enjoy a huge variety of food items.

Each time I mention the lake, someone asks about our swans. I was thrilled to find that they now have five young ones. Mother and father are proud parents and it was fun to watch them teaching the little ones to reach down deep for morsels of food. Notice how intent the "kids" are watching their mom.

I am thankful for safe travel and for each of you who continue to pray. You are each a tremendous blessing!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home