Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Soon on the road again

I just completed reading Psalm 119, observing how the Psalmist continually referred to the instruction and benefits of God’s Word in nearly every verse. He certainly packed a lot in those verses and recognized the importance of tucking them into his mind and heart:

“Oh, How I love your instructions!
I think about them all day long.
Your commands make me wiser than
my enemies
for they are my constant guide.
Yes, I have more insight than my
teachers,
for I am always thinking of your laws.
I am even wiser than my elders,
for I have kept your
commandments”
(Psalm 119:97-100)

It is a good reminder for me to do my best to commit His Word to memory and to meditate upon what I read each day.

Later in the week I will be heading up to the lake house for a brief stop prior to heading on to Sault Ste Marie as the family will all be gathering at Sue and Jeff’s home for the weekend of the 4th. It is always a great blessing to be together as a family! Pray for safe travels for all of us that will be on the road and in the air. It is a good time to be together as we remember those tender days three years ago when Carol said her final goodbyes prior to arriving on the other side of that curtain of death.

I am thankful for a family and dear friends that encourage and pray for me as I continue to walk this road without Carol. Pray that I will use the time allotted me to glorify our wonderful Lord while being sensitive and available to assist with the needs of those around me.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home