Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

For Such a Time as This



What a delightful weekend spent with the family in Chicago attending Jeremy’s graduation from Moody, Julianna’s fantastic program, and then participating in the Sunday service at the church on the South side of town where Jeremy will be serving as Pastor of Student Ministries. I was thrilled that both of my newest great grand daughters were able to bring their parents and siblings for the weekend. My family truly is a blessing!

The Commencement at Moody brought back many fond memories of visits to both the church and the Institute. I have to admit that my eyes filled with tears on several occasions recalling many visits and wishing that Carol was there to join us for the festivities. In the evening we attended a ballet written and choreographed by Julianna; “For Such a Time as This” based on the story of Ruth from the Book of Esther. Writing about the ballet in the program, Juilianna said in part; “As each of us walk through our lives, there are moments when we are asked to act in faith and not by sight. Just as Esther and Mordecai trusted the Lord in good times and in their darkest hour, so we are called to trust Him every moment.” At the conclusion of the ballet, Jeremy came out on stage to follow up with a brief Spiritual message and a challenge to all of those in the packed auditorium.

By coincidence I was reading the book of Esther last week, so the scenes were fresh in my mind. Mordecai’s challenge to Esther about approaching the king was the basis for the title of the ballet; “And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?” I like Esther’s resolve when she makes her decision and says; “…I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.” That is the kind of resolve that I need on important matters!

I am so thankful for your prayers, for a wonderful weekend and safe travel back home.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home