Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Our required "walk"

This weekend I am staying close to home catching up on both house and yard work. So far I have been able to get the laundry done, trim the majority of the shrubs that were becoming overgrown, weed gardens, mow lawn, clean fountain and take time to swim some laps at the Y before dinner time. I am plenty tired but pleased with the progress. Hopefully I will be able to complete the major items on Monday being that it is a holiday.

I enjoyed the past weekend relaxing and hiking in the mountains with friends from the office. I was amazed how easy it was for me to sleep long hours up there. That mountain air is certainly therapeutic and I was also far enough away that I wasn’t tempted to attack another project or two at home. Next weekend I will be heading back to Indiana to participate in a graduation party for grandson Gavin. I sure don’t know where the years have gone, but it is a tremendous blessing to see the grandchildren finishing the next phase of life so well. Much credit goes to their loving, caring, and praying grandmother. We all miss her very much!

This week Indeed focused on the 6th chapter of Micah. As I was reading today, I thought that Micah 6:8 does a good job of summing up the weeks study. “What does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Just--merciful--humble…now that doesn’t sound all that difficult, but as I thought about it, I can recall numerous times when I didn’t handle situations in that manner. I appreciated the author’s statement: “The key to life in our world isn’t simply to follow all of God’s rules. It’s to live by God’s character…His character begins to define our walk—our just, compassionate, humble walk.” Okay Brother Micah, I believe that I’m getting the message!

I trust that you will each have a blessed Memorial Day weekend with family and friends as we reflect upon those who have given their lives for our freedom.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home