Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Grateful

Thanks so much for your prayers. As I awoke this morning after yesterdays surgery and slowly opened my eyes the thought crossed my mind; “Regardless of the outcome I WILL be grateful!” I still am having ghosting in my right eye and my left one is very blurred, but thankfully I can see well enough to do many things…even drive. Reading smaller print is another matter, but I trust that will improve with time as the swelling diminishes. The doctor had me get some reading glasses which make it possible to read, but with considerable effort along with having the text much too close to my face for comfort.

I am thankful for wonderful friends that have brought in meals, driven me to surgery waiting over four hours each time before taking me home for a little rest then taking me back for removal of bandages and a quick evaluation. The phone calls and emails have also been a tremendous encouragement. I am blessed!

Having to stay here and not able to travel to be with family for the Easter weekend was a bit disappointing but I had the opportunity to attend both the Good Friday and Easter services at church. I was especially moved as we focused upon the four Roman solders at the foot of the cross. Being in reach of the cross on which Jesus was giving his life, they occupied themselves by distributing his clothing between themselves and “rolling the dice” for his very special outer garment. It reminded me of how easy it is for each of us to be so close to Jesus but at the same time to be so far away as we are preoccupied with all sorts of things of this world. That thought made me realize how easy it is for me to get so involved and miss the main thing/person (Jesus). I am praying and striving for better discernment in my choices and responses throughout the day.

I appreciate each of you so very much!

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home