Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Making progress

I just returned from another reassuring post-op appointment with my surgeon. I still have a bit of swelling that causes me to see double, but he assures me that will clear up shortly. He said; “You are a man of faith and with what I see, I have no concern.” I’m not sure that is completely Scriptural, but I was pleased that my faith “came through” to him. Next Tuesday I will have the second surgery and I am told that within 2-3 weeks the swelling should be down, allowing my vision to return to normal. It will be interesting to see what normal will actually be. In the meantime I am doing a minimum of reading, writing and spreadsheet work. Fortunately I have some excellent people that I use to check all of my critical work. It is extremely easy to mistake a 3 for an 8 and a 7 for a 9.

Reading is also rather slow for me presently, but I have been working my way through 1 Kings. My thoughts have focused especially on Solomon who became king after his father David. What a fantastic beginning as he prayed; “Oh LORD my God…I am like a little child who doesn’t know his way around….Give me an understanding heart so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong…” (1 Kings 4:7-9) God granted him that desire and more…wisdom, long life, and amazing wealth. Unfortunately he did not consistently follow the Lord. His worship was divided between God and pagan gods. He followed God’s leading one day and would ignore it another. He focused on God’s promises and then disregarded them. Ultimately his divided heart resulted in a divided kingdom. What a tragedy!

I was invited to dinner with dear friends the other evening and their prayer was in part that being now in their latter days of life, they will finish well. I want that to be my top desire also!

I will be staying here for the Easter weekend due to my eyesight and upcoming surgery. This will be the first in many years, not being with the family. I trust that each of you are blessed this weekend as you are vividly reminded of all that Jesus accomplished on the cross on our behalf…He is risen indeed!

Love to all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home