Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Seeing...

It has been a bit of a struggle, but I made it through 1 & 2 Kings. So far I have purchased three sets of reading glasses, none of which are perfect. I believe that the distortion in my right eye makes it impossible to find the right strength of glass. The doctor has me waiting for three weeks before determining a prescription. Hopefully by that time the swelling will have completely gone.

As I read through the two books of Kings, there are those kings that did not follow the Lord but also a good number of them that reportedly followed the Lord BUT failed to remove the “high places” or “pagan shrines” which prevented them from finishing well. I found that to be a good lesson for me to watch out for those “things” that I allow in my life while thinking that I am fully walking with the Lord. I had a vivid reminder of being on alert for them when I visited a friend over the weekend. I was keenly aware that I was encroaching upon the enemy’s territory and was out of my element. It is easy to make quick responses from the “flesh” and much more difficult to allow the Holy Spirit to direct my response internally and outwardly. Hopefully I am learning when to keep my mouth shut then when and how to respond to unusual situations. Do pray that both my internal and external responses will be usable by the Lord in both of our lives. I am certain that this is all part of finishing well, which is my desire.

Early tomorrow I plan to drive to Indiana. The family has asked me to join them for a birthday celebration and also on Sunday great granddaughter Ella will be dedicated. I am very much looking forward to spending time with the family but not quite that excited about the drive. I considered flying but that will take more time than the 12 hour drive and likely be more stressful, provided that I stop frequently to rest my eyes and stretch my legs.

Thanks so much for you prayers and your frequent emails and calls. You are appreciated!

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home